Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rain, Rain, Stay All Day

"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit." Leviticus 26:3-4



The rainy season is in full swing here. It rains nearly every day for most of the day. I thought I'd get tired of it, but it's actually a welcome relief from the heat and sticky humidity that preceded it. So I've been making fewer trips to town and just enjoying some calm and quiet here at home. Calm and quiet in my mind, that is--I'm not sure a house with four youngsters could be anything but lively. But my Chinese housemates will go back to China on Wednesday for two months, and I'm sure the house will feel kind of empty then. I hope 14-month-old Jin Shim won't forget me!

These days I am keeping my electronic dictionary hard at work. When I went home last Christmas, Aunt Hannah gave me a Korean book to "challenge" myself. It's way more than a challenge though--more of a mammoth vocabulary assignment. But I'm determined to finish it before I see her again this summer. I'm also busy writing student evaluations as the semester finishes up. One week left for the middle and high school, two weeks for elementary! Then I'll join the whole church on a retreat at Jeju-do, an island off the south coast, and a couple days later head for the States. 32 days to go!!!

Happy Sunday to all, and I hope my American friends and family enjoy a long extended weekend with all the fireworks and picnics the Fourth has to offer. :-)

3 comments:

  1. So awesome that you started a new blog!!! I'm looking forward to catching up on your previous posts and have already added you to my blog reader. ;) Your rainy days sound lovely, as does the vocab assignment. I think I would start out with a childrens book with lots of pictures. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shayna, thanks for the encouragement! :-) It was actually your blog that inspired me to start a new one!! I'm trying not to copy yours toooo much, but I do look to it for ideas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it inspires. Much love to you! :)

    ReplyDelete