Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

$5 for God-Moments

God Moments. The time during my first year in Korea when I was craaaaving a hamburger, and *knock knock*, I open the door and there's a teacher thrusting a Burger King bag into my hands. Or the time I wasn't sure how finances were going to work out, and I felt a whisper in my heart telling me to check my online bank balance for any surprises--and there it was, an unexpected deposit for the amount I needed. Or the days I'm feeling down and a thoughtful card arrives in the mail. Those moments when God reveals His very intimate knowledge of my inner cravings, and material and emotional needs, by providing for me in just the right way at just the right time. Those moments when I'm overwhelmed by how much God LOVES me!

On this second day of "thanks-giving," I pledge a $5 donation in honor of those God Moments. In case you haven't read, for 10 days I'll be naming things I'm thankful for, making a $5 thanks offering for each one, and donating the $50 to Pastor Lukas in Kenya to help purchase an amp for outreach services. (Check previous posts for details.) Would you join me in naming your blessings and giving a thanks offering to help support the soul harvesters in Eldoret, Kenya?!

Young people dancing at a crusade in May 2012--Pastor Lukas (back right)

No comments:

Post a Comment