Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Back Again by Grace--A Letter to my Readers

Dear Friends,

It's been a long time, hasn't it? Thanks for stopping by. I haven't written in a couple months, mainly because my spiritual reservoir was all clogged up with sin and idols. In the last couple weeks-- 16 days to be exact :) --God has delivered me from a certain 10-month battle with sin and revealed my heart's unholy ambition and lust for knowledge and learning. (Of course, the latter aren't bad in themselves, but my heart was gluttinous for them.) A steady, heavy diet of self-indulgence and secular reading, and soon my ego and mind were overweight, while my heart was wasting away. My thoughts became shallow and I couldn't think of anything worth writing about. Or if I did think of something, I felt too hypocritical to share it. "Pilgrim's pursuit" felt more like "pilgrim's despair."

But now, by God's great grace, because of His redemptive love--on the cross, bearing my shame, and everyday in the battles against sin--I find myself ready to write again. Ready to dip my ladle in His free-flowing stream and share the water. Ready to exclaim, "To God be the glory, great things He has done!" More pictures and stories to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment